How is your weekend? So far, mine has been good. I
– watched Formosa Betrayed. An indie movie about political turmoil in Taiwan in the 80s starring James Van Der Beek (a.k.a Dawson’s Creek)
– had a great homemade dinner with a few friends
On the crafty end, I’ve a lot of cool stuffs to share. Let start with sewing,
– BurdaStyle, well, I signed up as a member last year but has not really posted any projects or explored the site. This past week I spent a ton of time uploading my projects and checking out people’s projects. It has a much better user interface compared to Pattern Review. Don’t get me wrong, I love Pattern Review but it is clunkier. Plus, people that post projects at BurdaStyle are so good with styling and fabric choice. More importantly, there are a ton of free and low cost patterns. I am so in love with
Alexander Blouse, available for download for $4, totally love it
JJ Blouse, free !! I am going to work on this instead of the Sew U blouse
– Liberty fabrics. The danger of surfing the web is being exposed to so many beautiful things that I can’t afford such as Nani Iro fabrics from the last post and Liberty fabrics. I’ve known the existence of Liberty fabric for quite some time now but did not think I could afford it until after I stumbled upon Nadinoo. Nadinoo is a UK-based online boutique that sells beautiful handmade clothing mostly from Liberty fabrics. You can even customize your order with the Liberty Print that you like. Check it out,
I adore the simple design and the Peter Pan collar. BTW, Liberty fabrics are available at the website for 19.95 pound/meter.
– Speaking about Peter Pan collar, I am just so crazy about it, it makes a blouse look so simple yet lovely. Pop over to Gertie for tutorial on Peter Pan collar drafting.
– Rae is starting the 2010 Spring Top Week challenge. This is so fun and coincides with my goal of making spring blouses. You can put your creations on the Flikr group and her readers will vote. I might participate if my blouse turns out competition-worthy
On the knitting end,
– Katya asked if I would knit an online sample for her newly designed Alice Top. I can’t pass up this great offer because her design is so beautiful. I love the feminine silhouette and lace design. I am going to swatch today.
– Check out Ysolda on the Times
I am off to knit and sew, enjoy the rest of your weekend